Monday, May 28, 2007

I'm in Love with Wetherby

I’ve been busy washing, carding, and generally playing with a half-fleece from the ever-gracious Nancy Zeller (visit her Web page here). Wetherby, as you can see, is a most-handsome CVM/Romeldale. If you’ve never worked with CVM/Romeldale wool, you’re in for a treat.

When it arrived, Wetherby’s fleece looked like angel-food cake: brown “crust” (sorry for the comparison if you're eating) on the outside and spongy, creamy white inside. It washed up beautifully, is carding like a dream, and is very easy to spin -- even for a novice spinner like myself.

I have have no idea what I’m going to make with Wetherby's wool, but I’m sure that the finished product will be fiberlicious!

As an added treat, my husband and boys gave me an Earthhues(TM) dye kit for Mother’s Day. (Nancy offers the full line at her site.) This just gives me an excuse to visit all our local Goodwill stores to find some pots and other paraphernalia for my big dyeing adventure.

Now if I could only figure out a way to keep the whole “job thing” from interfering with my fun. Hmm. Looking at all those wonderful Wetherby puffballs makes me wonder what the PowerBall jackpot is up to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment