Sunday, August 10, 2008

My "Internets" Is Unwell

Our Internet provider is unwell, and I'm racing to post this before I lose connectivity ... again.

The way it works is that I'm connected ... then unconnected ... then reconnected. And this goes on constantly. I feel safe in saying that I'm neither technologically savvy or particularly patient. I am frustrated with the whole mess, as is my IT guy (SpecialEd). The tech support people (people like "Kenneth" and "Christopher" in Mumbai) are very nice about the whole thing, but can't really offer any tangible help or consolation with this particular issue.

Anyway, I'm still here. I'm busy keeping my freelance clients happy, which makes me happy, too. One of my very favorite clients, KBComm, is just great. She loves the job I'm doing and offers suggestions for improvement that help me make my product even better. It's that whole circle-of-writing thing, I guess.

In other news, I'm one month away from promotion to blue belt in Kenpo karate. (The belt ranks go like this: white, yellow, orange, orange stripe, purple, purple stripe, then blue.) I'm stronger and more flexible than I was a year ago, that's for darn sure. Interestingly, doing pushups (27 during one session) has increased a certain dimension of my anatomy, which was a nice side effect. On the other hand, I have never sweat so much in my entire life. I mean, you expect to perspire when you work out -- you don't expect to soak your clothes. Gross. Hmm. Maybe my system is just flushing out the so-called toxins.

I had dinner with my posse, the LOST Gang, a couple of weeks ago. I just love our dinners. We're noisy, happy, and always have lots to talk about. We also keep tabs on our common factor, a former employer, and the shenanigans that continue to go on in our absence. I'm hopeful that by the time our next dinner rolls around in November or so, I'll have happy news to share with the gang ... and since I'm already married, already have kids, and already have dogs and a house, that just leaves employment. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!

Amazingly, I'm still connected to the 'net, so I'd better git while the gittin's good. Pasta fazool!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I like the sound of those side effects. Maybe I'll start doing pushups... :P

    ReplyDelete