Thursday, November 19, 2009

I can bend time and space

Day 19 of National Novel Writing Month

Hard to believe that 12 days from now it will be the first of December and NaNoWriMo 2009 will be over.

I'm not finding the going that difficult. Of course, all I have are a bunch of scenes that have the most tenuous of connections to the ones that precede and follow. I'm not fussed about that, though. I know that editing and writing are two different disciplines and are best kept separate. Besides, I do believe that there's a National Novel Editing Month to go along with NaNoWriMo. If there isn't there should be.

I've been having fun with this. Let's see ... I've killed two people -- nastily, if I do say so myself. I've got a few somewhat flat characters, including the bad guy. I had a cop show up out of the blue and try to highjack my story, turning it into a who-done-it rather than the basic historical fiction thriller (?) that I'm aiming for. Fortunately, he's gone back to the office and hasn't been heard from since. I imagine that if I kill anyone else, he'll come calling.

Right now I have 1 hour and 20 minutes before Skimbleshanks and BuddhaBoy arrive, and all hell breaks loose (a daily occurrence in our house). I've done my daily quote of NaNo, so now it's back to my current engineering report.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment