Monday, February 11, 2008

What's Happened to My Kissables?

I'm distressed. I'm distraught. For more than two years I've been devoted to one candy: Hershey's Kissables.

If you've never heard of Kissables, they're small Hershey's Kisses coated with a candy shell (a la M&Ms). If you've never had Kissables, well, I just don't know what to say. There's something in the juxtaposition of smooth, creamy Hershey's chocolate with its warm, mmm-inducing flavor and the bright crunchy candy coating that creates the perfect flavor.

I have a variety of methods of eating Kissables. I like to eat them in two's and three's and, when I'm just starting my snackage, I'll just crunch them up. But when I really want to be in the moment with my Kissables, I'll hold a few in my hands to warm them up, then pop them in my mouth and gently crack the shells with my front teeth. Then that warm chocolaty goodness just flows out. Mmm.

But something is amiss with my beloved treat. Over the past two months, I've noticed a definite change in the chocolate's flavor. I've had many, many different chocolates, from Godiva to See's to Nestles to fund-raising "chocolate" (*shudder*). When I say something's different, I know what I'm talking about, folks. And I am distressed.

I stopped at a drugstore on the way home tonight to pick up some Valentines (and the requisite candy that nowadays has to accompany the valentines). I decided to pick buy two bags of Kissables ($4), hoping that the nasty experiences I'd had with them lately were a thing of the past. So I sat down here, opened the bag, popped a couple in my mouth. Gaa! NO! NO! NO!

I've had it. Something has to be done. So I've written a letter to Hershey's. I can only hope that something is done to rectify this unacceptable state of affairs. I know how much you care, so I'll keep you posted as things develop.


My letter. We shall see if it's effective.

I've been eating Kissables for over 2 years now and am passionate about them. I won't eat M&Ms any more, because they taste awful (in comparison), and I'll pass up any chocolate bar for Kissables.

I'm writing to let you know that the last few bags I've purchased taste "off" or, more accurately, awful. The chocolate is missing something -- as if the manufacturer is skimping on something. There's something of a "bite" to the flavor -- I don't really know how to describe it, but it tastes like Nestle's Crunch, which is pretty nasty (in comparison).

I've always been delighted with Kissables until about 2 months ago. I'm going to have to use the Kissables I just bought today in cookies or brownies, which is OK, but not like eating them out of the bag. I urge you to have someone inspect whoever it is that's responsible for manufacturing these Kissables.

Thanks for your time. I hope to be enjoying some "original" Kissables very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment