Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chocolate, Valentine's Day, and a Purple Belt

So far I haven't heard a peep out of Hershey, Penn. I'm sure all the executives are scrambling like mad, trying to find out what's happened to the most-marvelous delight named Kissables. These people just know that the company is going to lose big money if it doesn't address the disgraceful slippage in the quality control department.

On the bright side, the Valentine's Day celebration was most satisfactory at Chez Say-This. DH made a jaw-dropping dessert: marbled poundcake topped with chocolate ice cream, topped with raspberry sorbet, topped with whipped cream, and surmounted by a Dove chocolate. The whole delightful thing was slathered with warm chocolate/raspberry sauce. Dang ... I'm drooling just thinking about it.

As if that weren't enough, DH (BTW, in case you didn't know, DH = dear husband. It is not an abbreviation for a rude description.) gave me a lovely necklace with a heart and a golden retriever. *sniff*

Oh, and I'll be promoted to the rank of purple belt on Friday. I don't mind that I'll have to learn a kata (a series of moves -- kind of like a martial arts dance). What I mind is the promotion itself. Seriously. Let's call it performance anxiety. Oh, well. Guess I'll just have to pull up my big girl panties and get on with it.

BTW ... I'm a big fan of Demotivators, and when a friend sent this link to their make-your-own candy hearts, I was next to myself with delight. If you have a sense of humor and can remember when motivational posters with inspirational sayings were all the rage, head on over to Demotivators.

No comments:

Post a Comment