Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Melodious Sound of My Voice

The honeys from Flight of the Conchords. Nerdiness never looked so ... uh ... nerdy.

Today’s post is being written using voice recognition software. I found that I had to do the dictation using Word rather than dictating directly into Blogger. I have no idea why this is, but I’ll check it out some other time when it’s not so late. (I also see now that I've copied/pasted here that I have two spaces after the period. That just won't do. I'll have to have a talk with the software about that.)

I was able to find the digital recorder I bought a couple years ago, which came with its own microphone. Such excitement!

Now that I have things up and running, I’m finding it difficult to come up with things to say. The voice recognition is actually pretty accurate. I’ve gone back over the text to clean things up, but check this out for a laugh:

the only mistake that I can see right now is instead of typing the longer it typed Olaf Kirch. That’s interesting, and it didn’t put in here water walker instead of food and Olaf Kirch of reading this last sentence and essays and it didn’t put in steer watcher walker instead of food and Olaf church salads

Who is Olaf Kirch and what's so special about his church salads?

I’m pretty darn excited about this voice recognition software. Once I get over, I guess you’d call it my shyness with the microphone, I ought to be able to crank out quite a bit of work. Either that, or I’ve just found a means of brain dumping when my “pensieve” is out for a tuneup. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment