Thursday, November 13, 2008

My February Lady Sweater

Picture from Flint Knits, (C) Pamela Wynne

My goal was to wear my February Lady sweater to Stitches East last weekend. *snort* I was nowhere close to being done. Oh, all I had left to do was to knit both sleeves, weave in all the ends, seam the sides, sew on the buttons, and block and let dry. Shoot, it feels like this first sleeve is taking longer than the entire body did. I'll post pictures of it once I've finished.

On the bright side, now that I've reached this point, I finally have the pattern memorized. I know, I know. So I'm a slow study, OK? I do have some goof ups in the body, but I decided that I could live with them and that if anyone so lacked in sensitivity as too point those errors out, I'd just have to give 'em the look. You know the one I'm talking about, don't you? All moms have it, and apparently I have it in spades. I was even able to make the head teacher at our karate school back down. He basically asked us how we'd walk in a way that communicated that we weren't to be messed with. I walked right up to him, giving him "the look" the entire way, and he took a step back. Seriously. How sweet is that?

Anyway, back to the sweater. I'm loving this sweater so much that I'm planning on making at least one more. This is my first foray into lace, and it's really been fun. For those of you who neither know nor care, tough ... This pattern involves multiples of 7 stitches (across) and 4 rows (up and down). So you make the same pattern of 7 stitches over and over for a row, then do the next row all with the purl stitch, then a different pattern of 7 stitches over and over for a row, and then a row of purl again. You have to pay attention, but you don't have to be absolutely glued to your work. I have a battered index card and a row counter to help me out. The sleeve is looking really nice, even if it is taking forever.

Many thanks to Flint Knits for sharing this wonderful pattern! It's beautiful, challenging (but not frustratingly so), and appears to be fairly addictive.

And, speaking of addictive, I just today joined the Diet Coke Lovers group over at Ravelry.

SpecialEd has just informed me that we've missed The Office (another group I'm in over at Ravelry). Dang you, NaBloPoMo! I was so focused on doing something productive that I completely forgot about my weekly date with Michael, Jim, Dwight, and the rest of the gang. Oh, well. Thank goodness for the internets!

No comments:

Post a Comment