Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ravelry Rocks, Rolls, and Rules

Say what you will about Vista, the snipping tool is some kind of awesome, as illustrated by my capture, at left.

Short post tonight. Why? Because One of the biggest and best time sucks -- ever -- has taken me all the way to 10:30.

Dang you, Ravelry!

As you can see, I love Ravelry. (For those of you not in the know, Ravelry is a community of people who love fibers: knitters, crocheters, felters, dyers, weavers, spinner, etc.)

I'm a member of 66 groups as of tonight. I tried to limit myself to "just a few," I really did. However, I'm interested in lots of things, and it's just so much easier to join the groups in my areas of interest rather than do a group search. When I first joined Ravelry, I looked through the entire list of groups, and it took me a couple of days. If I were to try the same thing right now, I might finish up sometime during the weekend. It doesn't matter what you're interested in: if you're into it, chances are there's a group for it.

So if you or someone you know loves fiberliciousness in one or all of its forms, you really owe it to yourself to check out Ravelry. Oh, and I'll apologize right now for all the time you'll lose down the rabbit hole that is Ravelry. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! And where is the snipping tool? Just got a new laptop with Vista this week...still learning!

    ReplyDelete